Want to get confident with Ruby on Rails. But don’t know where to start? This easy-to-access course is the ideal place to begin if you’re completely new to the open source web application framework Ruby on Rails, but have a web programming background or a working knowledge of HTML and CSS that you’re ready to build on in order to work with this system that is optimised for simple efficient programming and sustainable coding in the Ruby language.
Get on Track with Rails
Learn in Your Own Time
The five hours of course content is spilt into 38 easy-to-digest lectures that will guide you through all you need to know to get confident with Rails. By the end of the course you’ll know how applications are built, be confident in connecting databases to Rails applications and, best of all, be able to create fully interactive Rails applications independently.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Take the next step on your web development career by getting confident with Ruby on Rails.
- After completing the Course Introduction, you’ll move on to the Ruby on Rails section which introduces Rails, before tackling requirements, installwindows, installmac, sublime text, sqlite studio and first app before moving on to a conclusion and quiz.
- In the Getting to Know Rails section, you’ll build on your learning by learning about MVC, command line, Rails guides, creating a Rails app, models and databases, controllers, views, partial views, routes, dynamic data, form submissions and resources, scaffolds, styled website, bootstrap intro and integrating bootstrap. Again, this section ends with a conclusion and quiz.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Go from novice to a confident Rails developer by completing the quizzes and a challenging final hands-on project that will ready you for using Rails in real life situations.
- Consolidate and confirm your learning with the clear introductions and conclusions to each section.
- Print the certificate of completion to demonstrate to potential employers the investment in your career that your successful completion of the course represents.
- Access the five hours of clearly presented, easy-to-engage-with course content in your own time.
- Once you follow the 10,000+ learners who have already signed up.
Unleash a whole new world of career and creative opportunities by signing up for Ruby on Rails for Beginners today.